Stay Healthy & Satisfied : Best Vitamin B12 Foods For Vegetarians!
Being a supplement Advisor, I regard Vitamin B12 as a supplement for energy, brain and nerves. Curious! Stay tuned, I will disclose this soon and also ponder on the most in demand topic - Vitamin B12 Food for Vegetarians.
Vitamin B12 is one of the eight B vitamins. It's a water soluble vitamin, responsible for metabolism. It's an essential vitamin, but how? It produces a lot of healthy enzymes, increases the energy levels, sets mood swings etc. Wait! A lot more is stored.
According to the World Nutrition Organisation, India rose to top in deficiency of Vitamin B12 followed by Mexico, Central America and South America.
You know 80% of the Indian population have Vitamin B12 deficiencies! Why? Because most of the population being vegetarians lacks the sources that are high in Vitamin B12. To make DNA and red blood cells, and to make your nervous system function properly, Vitamin B12 is vital.
- Vitamin B12 is stored in the liver.
- Vitamin B12 is water soluble, hence immediately and easily gets dissolved in body tissues, but not stored for later use.
What's the reason?? If you intake Vitamin B12, it gets absorbed in the body, according to its need and rest is excreted out, which in turn does not produce any toxicity.
Yes!! You are thinking right. There should be a routine,to refill the requirements of our body for Vitamin B12 and other essential vitamins through foods and supplements.
I am sure you must be wondering about these questions.
- What are symptoms for Lack of Vitamin B12?
- How to cure the deficiencies?
- What are Vitamin B12 sources for vegetarians?
Pause!! Soon all your doubts will be sorted out right here.
Hidden Symptoms of Vitamin B12
For the formulation of blood Vitamin B12 and Folate (a bioavailable form of folic acid) is required. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 does not occur suddenly.Overtime, your body could experience unusual symptoms, please make a note of it, and start working for its reversal. Before we learn about Vitamin B12 food for Vegetarians, let us quickly gear up to the Mild and Severe Symptoms.
- Insufficiency of Vitamin B12, hinder the oxygen supply, leading to frequent Fatigue.
- Lack of Healthy Blood cells and Jaundice can result with Pale complexion.
- Numbness or Tingling in extremities or Paresthesia caused by a prolonged pressure on a nerve while you fall asleep on an arm or legs crossed.
- Unpleasant symptoms due to insufficient supply of the nutrients required for a smooth menstrual cycle causes Menstruation Cessation.
- Peripheral Nerve Damage caused due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 can lead to muscle weakness, difficulty in walking and Diminished Reflexes.
- Hairfall, Headache, Weakened Immune System, Shivering or Cold, Mouth Cracks or Bleeding Gums, Breathlessness are among other mild Symptoms.
- Multiple Sclerosis, a chronic condition that affects the central nervous system.
- Reduced amount of Oxygen reaching the brain shows an increased risk of Alzheimer's and
- B12 makes myelin, a protective layer which when broken down causes Nerve Pain.
- Visual Impairments like partial blindness, blurred vision, double vision can be caused due vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Coordination Difficulties, Paralysis, Sleeping difficulties, Confusion are among other severe symptoms.
Sometimes we confuse ourselves, so it's important to know that the symptoms for the deficiencies of Iron are the same as of Vitamin B12. As Vitamin B12 is responsible for the blood circulation in the body, so no matter how many Iron Tablets you intake, due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 the energy levels will rise for a limited period of time.
- If you are Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian and desire to fulfil the needs of B12, you have two choices. a) Injections b) Tablets
- If it is an extreme case with severe symptoms try taking injections. If you are consuming Vitamin B12 tablets, that has to pass through stomach acid to effect metabolism. But those who face digestive issues/acidity, Vitamin B12 food/supplement won’t work over there.
- Be mindful, to see the salt in Vitamin B12, look for Methyl or hydroxocobalamin as these are salts recognized by the body, as you get them from food also.
Don’t miss out on this- https://palaknotes.com/blogs/news/all-you-need-to-know-about-b12-symptoms-benefits
Who all needs Vitamin B12 Everyday? Let's find out!
- Vegetarians/Non- vegetarians - It's an essential mineral needed for vegan and non-vegan people. Supplements are needed by everyone, for proper functioning maintenance of overall health.
- People having Fatigue and Anxiety- You feel weak and tired, when your body has scarcity of Vitamin B12, that helps in the production of RBCs, and is responsible to carry oxygen to the whole body. Therefore it's advisable to take Vitamin B12 foods and also supplements.
- People having lack of motivation- They are needed to improve mental health and well being. It helps to produce brain chemicals that create an impact on mood and brain functions.
- People encountering Behavioural Problems - It's known for improving the mood, as Serotonin, a chemical accountable for regulating the mood, is synthesised by Vitamin B12.
- Menstruating women - Women bodies have to create new blood cells, several vitamins and minerals are required for this process, during and after the menstrual cycle. Women who face menstrual discomfort, Vitamin B12 food and supplements in combination with Omega 3 can work wonders.
- People suffering from Acidity issues/Helicobacter pylori infection - Helicobacter Pylori is a common cause of Peptic Ulcer Disease around the world. It's the major reason for atrophy of gastric glands. Hence, B12 supplements will prove effective to a great extent in bettering it.
Best Vitamin B12 Foods For VegetariansIf you are looking for Vitamin B12 food for vegetarians and other sources, fortunately you have landed up in the right space. You must have noticed the exigency of Vitamin B12 and the reason for popularity of Vitamin B12 Supplements in the market. Abundance of Vitamin B12 sources could be found in Non-vegan foods and no vegan food is as rich, so it's ideally recommended to have supplements along with Vitamin B12 vegetarian sources.
BeetrootIt is suggested that including beetroot in your daily diet not only provides Vitamin B12 but is also a rich source of B9, Vitamin C and of manganese, potassium and iron.
ChickpeasChickpeas hold an excellent nutritional profile and are the best substitute for vegetarians. In addition to B12, it is loaded with fibre, protein and other vital Nutrients.
Seeds and LegumesAll seeds and Nuts like sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, contain not just B12 but the entire B Complex. All the dicotyledon seeds have B12 in higher concentration as compared to Monocotyledons. B12 also has a presence in millets.
All legume crops have a significant amount of Vitamin B12, as bacteria can’t transform nitrogen into nitrates in its absence, to form Amino Acids and Proteins. Certain sources of B12 and B Complex Moong Sprouts, pea sprouts, Wheatgrass juice, buckwheat are some good sources for a healthy living.
Green VeggiesThe best option considered for Vitamin B12, is Spinach, a powerhouse of nutrients. Additionally, it's also packed with Vitamin A, C, K, Iron, Folate and potassium that help maintain overall growth. Root vegetables like carrot, turnip, radish, can be another good source of B12, and can be eaten raw too.
Right Supplement, Reverse Diseases! Believe it, when you experience it.With numerous B12 Supplements available in the market, let me tell you why Miduty Vitamin B12 Supplement is uniquely different from ordinary supplements. The difference is that Palak Notes Vitamin B12 has the most active and stabilised form of Vitamin B9, which is Methyl folate. A rare combination of B12, B6, B9 is formulated and is available in our supplements that act as an energy powerhouse, while the other supplements come in capsules or tablets in Non- methyl forms having folic acid as its salt.
Palak Notes Vitamin B12 comes in chewable tablets, and it doesn’t need to go through various processes to get absorbed in the body. Usually what we see and buy from the market is the Inactive form of Vitamin B12, ours being the most active form containing Methylcobalamin that gets easily digested and absorbed in the blood.
The supplement helps in tissue repairing, production of Red Blood Cells, white blood cells, DNA synthesis and ensure proper functioning of nerve tissues. Our Vitamin B12 has a mild sweet flavour, as we have added a Sorbitol, a sugar free sweetener that won't cause blood sugar levels to rise, so diabetics can take it without any concern.
Oh well, it's not all winding up here, I have some more for you. Keep scrolling!!
Discover the Health Benefits of Vitamin B12 Foods and Supplements
Vitamin B12 is a health promoting Vitamin. Wonder? How it functions to be such. Your doubts will be resolved as you Go Ahead in reading and knowing about it. Yes! You read it right. Well, the first signs of a body with enough B12 is energy levels will get better.
Make a protective shield- Vitamin B12 in our body provides help in producing an active component of RBC that is Haemoglobin which transports oxygen and forms myelin, a protective shield of nerve cells.
Increase Energy Levels - Vitamin B12 is essential for converting Carbohydrates into Glucose into the body. Glucose is needed to form energy, so the people with deficiencies face fatigue. Neurotransmitter signalling that helps muscle contraction and provide energy is also carried by Vitamin B12 foods and supplements.
Red blood cell formation and anaemia prevention - Vitamin B12 plays a crucial role in the body to produce RBCs. Lack of Vitamin B12 prevents them from forming into proper small and round shape, thus making shapes altered, and the cells are unable to move in the bloodstream in sufficient amounts.
Essential for Pregnant Mothers- If you are of the myth, pregnant mothers can’t take Vitamin B12, please shatter this. As is evident through studies,that females with low levels of Vitamin B12 give birth to children with birth defects, face premature birth or miscarriage. So, it's vital to look after the regular needs of Vitamin B12 and ensure its proper intake through food sources or Vitamin B12 Supplements.
Prevents Neurological Damage - Vitamin B12 is known to benefit cognitive function, and lowers the risk of Alzheimer and Dementia.Its also needed for concentration. Make sure you are not Vitamin B12 deficient, which could result in difficulty in focusing.
Protecting Heart- Vitamin B12 benefits cardiovascular health immensely. It reduces Homocysteine levels, the excess of which can cause damage to arteries and form blood clots in blood vessels. Thus, adequate levels of Vitamin B12 protects heart diseases by maintaining Homocysteine levels in the body. So people it's not good to ignore its deficiency.
Adds Beauty- Vitamin B12 foods and supplements play a major role in maintaining healthy hair, nails and skin. It's important for the synthesis of collagen, which provides Elasticity to skin and enhances its youthfulness. It uplifts the skin health by reducing inflammation, dryness,acne blemishes and also improves complexion. Nails become stronger and reduce hair fall.
- Vitamin B12, a water soluble vitamin, controls and promotes the proper functioning of the body to feel disease free and satisfied.
- Vitamin B12 tends to uplift the mood, energy levels. It provides immense benefits to memory, skin, hair, heart, and digestion.
- To reduce the deficiency consume natural sources of Vitamin B12, if vegan try going for above mentioned best B12 food for vegetarians and it is must to have supplements.
- If you are experiencing above mentioned symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency because of age, health condition, diet, unhealthy lifestyle, time is to check and change and stay healthy and satisfied.
To know more, call my team of health experts at 86990-86991 for a free consultation.