Get Rid of Mouth Ulcers Overnight - Home Remedies!
About Ulcers or Cranken Sores
A mouth ulcer is a white, or grey in colour, with a red edge or border, that develop in the soft tissues of your mouth or at the base of your gums. They can be very painful and could lead to eating and/or talking difficulties. This can happen at any age, even kids as young as 2 years old can get the sores in the mouth.
So, this article is all about - How to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcers Overnight. They cannot be spread from one person to another. But, make sure you do not have cold sores because they are transferable. Cold Sores are mostly on the lips and are filled with fluid. Most mouth ulcers heal quickly, like in 7 to 10 days. But, if your mouth ulcers are persistent then before heading to a doctor and getting yourself an antibiotic prescribed, try the following solutions for one week at least. Still, if there is no relief, consult your doctor then.
Causes of Mouth Ulcers
1. Stress or Lack of Sleep
I think emotional well being is one of the very important factors for good health. I have myself experienced this. There are doctors for every disease, but stress is something that everyone should address themselves. It takes a lot from us. At the time of stress, our food is not absorbed properly. Our immune system is compromised. Whenever you are stressed you will fall sick more easily.
This same stress can also cause sores in the mouth. Stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep disables the body´s ability to properly detox. I remember from my childhood that my dad was always sick and had mouth ulcers in the month of October and November. We never understood why and always thought it was the weather. Now I am able to relate that his business was at a peak in the month of October and November. He would sleep less and would be always stressed. Stress means fear, despair, anger, injury etc...
2. Acidic Food
Body´s pH balance is very important. Try to avoid acidic foods for some days like Orange juice, pineapple, tomatoes and other citrus fruits. Anything which causes acidity in the body can cause mouth ulcers. Here you can read about how to get rid of Acidity Permanently.
Vitamins are like a double-edged sword. If taken in the wrong forum or in the wrong dosage they can cause more harm than good. One example is calcium tablet, if taken more than 1000 mg per dose, it increases the risk of heart diseases. Try leaving your multivitamin for a week and see if the mouth ulcers disappear. All multivitamins have high vitamin C. Sometimes too much vitamin C can cause mouth ulcers.
4. Hormonal Fluctuations
Menopause, that is fluctuating hormones can cause mouth ulcers. Some women get mouth ulcers before the periods.
5. Vitamins Deficiency
Vitamin B12, Iron deficiency or Folate deficiency can cause mouth ulcers. Vitamin B12 is the second most important supplement after Vitamin D that I advise my clients to take. There are so many problems related to vitamin B12 deficiency. Also, people following vegetarian diets are often B12 deficient. Anaemic people also suffer from Cranken Sores very often. But, go to the depth why, you got nutritional deficiencies at first. Stomach acidity could be a problem. Here I have written a detailed article about Stomach Acid and how to cure it. or you are eating something mouldy like Nuts, for example, have very sensitive fats. That's why it is advised to store the nuts in the fridge and eat Raw if possible otherwise nuts get easily moulded.
6. Crohn´s DiseaseIt is a long-term condition that causes inflammation of the lining of the digestive system. Symptoms of Crohn'ss disease are:
- Abdominal Cramps
- Fatigue and weight loss
Short-chain fatty acids are helpful in treating Chron's disease.SCFAs are produced by gut microbes that ferment dietary fibre, so make sure you're getting enough fibre from Dark Green Leafy and Vegetables.
7. Celiac Disease
If you have a gluten allergy.
8. Toothpaste Containing SLS
Toothpaste and mouth rinses containing a chemical called sodium lauryl sulfate. SLS is a foaming agent that has been found to contribute to canker sore formation and recurrence.
9. Side Effect Of Some Medications
Medications like Beta Blockers, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or Contraceptive pills can cause mouth ulcers as well.
10. Food Allergy
Go out and get a food allergy panel checked. Wheat, Dairy, eggs, soy, corn, potatoes, tomatoes, nuts, coffee and other acidic foods. Eating foods that you may be either sensitive or allergic to a certain kind of food.
11. Moulds in the House
Check if you have moulds in the house. We often ignore the house mould, how by living in a mouldy basement, it whacks our whole biology and he was suffering from various diseases.
12. Weakened Immune System
Canker sores might actually be symptoms of other potentially devastating diseases like celiac disease, inflammatory bowel diseases, Behcet's disease, HIV/AIDS. Along with mouth ulcers, if you have dry mouth, tooth decay, and gum disease, this could be the sign of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Mouth Cancer. In case go to your dentist, as he would be able to examine your mouth more carefully. If there is an alarming situation that you are not able to see, he would see it and accordingly will inform you.
13. Presence of H.Pylori Bacteria
This is the same bacteria which causes Peptic Ulcers as well. How to permanently get rid of this bacteria, read my Acid Reflux article
How to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Here I am listing all the natural remedies for mouth ulcers. The basic properties that make these natural substances good for ulcers are due to their antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Brushing with Sea Salt: If the mouth ulcers pains during brushing your teeth. Try dipping your toothbrush in a little sea salt and a drop of tree oil. A great tip which works well.
2. Propolis - Speed up the healing process and fights the bacterias. Bees do not only make honey, they make propolis as well. There are 300 compounds in propolis. The majority of these compounds are forms of polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that fight disease and damage in the body.
3. Slippery Elm- There are lounges available on the market. It coats the mouth ulcers or any kind of ulcers Slippery elm is a herbal remedy that protects irritated tissues and promotes their healing. It becomes a slick gel when mixed with water. This coats and soothes the mouth, throat, stomach, and intestines. This you can use for ulcers in the stomach as well.
4. Baking soda
If your problem comes from the habit of consuming too many acidic foods, baking soda may be one of the best home remedies for mouth ulcer for you. It is powerful in neutralizing acid in your mouth and preventing the inflammation. Although the use of baking soda may bring some burning sensations at first, do not worry because it is a sign to show you that the bacteria are eliminated
- Take one spoon of baking soda and mix it with an appropriate amount of water so that you have a thin paste.
- The paste should be applied over the areas affected by mouth ulcer.
- Keep doing this 2-3 times per day until you notice improvements.
5. L-Lysine: Lysine is an essential amino acid that is not produced by the body. Means we have to take from the diet. It is also called Gut Healer or immune booster. There are many incredible L-lysine benefits, from its use as a common treatment for cold sores to a potential anti-anxiety supplement. Dose: 1000 mg taken on empty stomach Since you have painful sores, you can take this in the supplement form, but L-Lysine is present in the foods like:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Shrimps and eggs
6. Aloe Vera- Just dab a little fresh gel on the sore. Do Multiple times a day to get the relief.
7. Try a paste of cumin powder, honey, and coconut oil and swab the ulcers with the paste 3-4x/day. I can go on with the stuff that has anti-bacterial properties and they help to get relief as well, but knowing the root cause is very important. This stuff is like band-aids. They will cover the wound and will kill the bacterias, but will not treat if there is some underlying issue. Last, not the least get your B12 levels tested. They are one of the emerging cause of persistent mouth ulcers
8. Hydrogen Peroxide Apply a mixture of half hydrogen peroxide, half water directly to the canker sore with the help of a cotton swab. Do this daily.
1. Addressing Stress
My aim to help people reversing the diseases and to help people leading a healthy disease-free life. Whenever my research goes deeper and deeper to the root cause of any kind of problem starting from mild pains to cancers. Food sensitivities and Stress is always amongst the contributing factors. People are so crazy for hacking stress these days, that I have seen people with heartbeat sensors integrated into the watch and keeping an eye on the heartbeats. As soon as the heartbeat goes up, meaning stress, they breathe deeply, stop for a moment and get the heart rate low. I have hacked stress by meditation. This is something everyone should address.
After stress, the mother of all diseases is Nutritional Deficiencies. You can eat the healthiest food on the planet and can still have nutritional deficiencies if you are eating foods you are sensitive to. Sensitivity does not mean that you have an immediate reaction to the food, but sensitivity slowly creates havoc in your system causing leaky gut and hence various autoimmune conditions. If you really want to reverse your diseases, look for food sensitivities that you might have.
2. Finding Food SensitivitiesA food allergy is simple to guess. You have eaten something, you get an immediate reaction to it like a rash, itching, vomiting etc. Food sensitivity is more dangerous because it does not have that bad symptom, that people should notice that immediately, but it slowly it does a lot of damage in your body. They are milder but have a cumulative effect of provoking the immune system and increasing inflammation in the body Food Sensitivity symptoms are:
- A headache or Dizziness
- Brain Fog (You suddenly feel like sleeping and your eyes will get heavy) and Fatigue
- Sneezing, Runny or a stuffy nose
- Skin Rash, Itching in the mouth roof, Eczema
- Vaginal Itching
- Binge Eating or Excessive Hunger: This was typically my trigger. I would keep a good diet, but once in 10- 12 days I would binge eat.
- Mouth ulcers or Cranker Sores
- Emotional instability or hypersensitivity
- Urinary frequency or urgency
- Puffy, watery or itchy eyes
Treating Food Sensitivities
I will here provide you with some protocols to test your food sensitivities and eliminate these foods from your diet. But, why is it so some people are able to tolerate every food and some not. Dr Chris Kresser Writes
There’s an underlying disease or pathology that’s causing those food intolerances, and that would usually be
These are the problems that lead to symptoms.So if you just remove the foods that the food intolerance testing shows that you’re sensitive to, certainly that will help with the symptoms, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but assuming you want to be able to eat some of those foods again, addressing the underlying problem is a much better approach.
- SIBO or intestinal permeability
- Parasite or a fungal infection or some other gut problem,
- Gut-brain axis issue
- Undiagnosed gluten intolerance.
By implementing the necessary lifestyle changes that you will learn from my website, you would be able to overcome food sensitivities forever. But, we cannot change this overnight. By then it is necessary that we eliminate the foods that are triggering these sensitivities and this is how:
Food Allergy TestsThe two most commonly used food allergy tests are:
- ELISA: ELISA measures IgG antibody reactions
- ALCAT: ALCAT measures white blood cell reactions
It is repeatedly found that these both tests are not very effective. We have to follow an AIP (Auto-Immune Protocol) to know the food sensitivities. There are two phases in the diet. The elimination period (strict AIP) and the reintroduction period (also called provocation.) In the elimination period, you follow a strict AIP diet for 30 days (some people wait 3-12 months) until you see a clear improvement in your symptoms.
This shows that healing has begun. In the reintroduction period, reintroduce the food or drink (on an empty stomach), you will be able to feel within an hour if it is problematic. They should be reintroduced, one at a time, to test your body for tolerance. This way you would be able to know your food sensitivities.
- First thing in the morning. Check your toothpaste. If it has SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). Just use salt water to brush your teeth. Then, look on the internet SLS free toothpaste. It takes a few weeks to achieve the full effect.
- Use natural remedies to get immediate relief like coconut oil, Aloe Vera Gel.
- Check if you have moulds in the house? If you have, deal with them initially.
- If you have mouth ulcers along with acid reflux, there is a clear indication that food is the problem. Take a diary and write what you ate yesterday. For all the suspects, you can try an elimination diet to know your food allergies.
- If the ulcers are still persistent get a B12 test or take B12 and Zinc supplements or try taking L-Lysine. Although Zinc helps in just the healing process.